Friday, April 30, 2010

Banh Mi Battel-Lawrence MA

NO PHOTO HERE

Banh Mi Battel-Lawrence NOT!!!!

What: Beef Banh Mi
Where: Nhu Y Vietnamese Sandwiches

Banh Mi.  The words bring gambling into my life.

This day's travels took me ultimately to Lawrence MA.  Well, the day's travels took me to Lowell earlier in the day.

(readers, pull up iTunes and cue The Buzzcocks - Something's Gone Wrong Again)
(clicking on link should open YouTube in a new browser tab so you can hear my selected audio track playing, but you will have to click back on this tab to return)

The bottom line is there is no Banh Mi in Lawrence MA (hence the lack of address or pricing).

So I get up early, get a bunch of work done, rearrange the day, plan for a great day, plan for a better lunch.  Then I get the call.  I need to juggle some other work goals.  I need to visit Lawrence MA.  GREAT.  Really, it was great.  In researching some things for an earlier blog, I found info that Nhu Y Vietnamese Sandwiches apparently had a location in Lawrence.  I love the Lowell location.  Why not try it as I had business nearby?
Then I made the mistake.  I drove past the exit for the other Banh Mi place in Lowell (not Nhu Y).  Lawrence is locked into the GPS and I'm closing fast.

"Destination on the left in .5 miles" teases the GPS.

"You have arrived" declares the GPS triumphantly (anthropomorphism brought on by a serious Banh Mi jones).

I look left.  I look right.  Nothing.

I drive past the block, past the intersection.

I turn the vehicle around and circle back.

I stop the vehicle in the middle of the road in front of the address.  It is some sort of Latin American cuisine. WTH?

I park down a block and go into the Pho restaurant.

"Do you sell Banh Mi?"
"no"
"Where can I get Banh Mi around here?"
(shrug of sholders)
"Wasn't there a Bahn Mi place over there?" pointing up the street.
"go out of business"

I drove past a sure thing in the name of discovery.

Sometimes you find America.  Sometimes you find the edge of the world.

I'd give it .B/6.  Well, it gave me the butt crack.


Other events worth noting.  My DVR did not record the 201th episode of South Park.  Instead, all I got was a recording error.  I think there some sort of conspiracy going on, given the subject matter.  And I can't stream it off the web until 5/22.  Those Bastards!

2 comments:

medrabik said...

Heathen! Should not God be capitalized in your title?

Respectfully,

Pepe (of the North)

Mario Buttali (no relation to the famous chef) said...

POTN!
No, it should not.
Let's face it. Truly horrible things happen to this world.
If a god cannot do anything about it, the god is impotent and not deserving of such status.
If a god will not do anything about it, the god is a fickle god and not deserving of adoration.
If a god wills it to happen, the god is a vengeful god and is not truly good or beneficial and not deserving of adoration. Or that life is bad and we are deserving of a life of misery and fear. Is that what your "god" has brought upon you?
Perhaps if uncapitalized, I can provoke people into further thought. If someone they know is willing to question their beliefs, maybe they will think about their commitment to a greater being. I hope someone can tell me why a god must exist.