Saturday, May 8, 2010

Music Ramblings


I got to see Johann Johannsson last Sunday.  The show was at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, MA.  Turnout was light.  I think Crash Arts did a pretty poor job promoting the show.

The show itself was great.  (Disclosure: I was given free tickets by the tour manager for my work at last years show at the Cambridge YMCA.)  Material was off  his last four releases.


Tuesday, I also saw John Doe and Exene Cervenka at the Paradise with my friend FreeEye2. Seating was cabaret style which is very unusual for a Paradise show.  FreeEye2 and I got front row seats in front of John Doe despite getting there a half an hour after doors opened.  The music was a great mix of X and Knitters stuff with a new song written by Exene.  There was nothing off any of John's solo stuff.

PIL played in Boston at Royale (used to be the Roxy) Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was off on a long travel day on Wednesday.  To make up for it, I had dinner with my friends SurGGGe and Surge.  SurGGGe made a wonderful risotto.  PIL will be in Providence on Sunday and in Northhampton later.  I may try to make one of those shows.

All photos from the repective artists websites.

No comments: