Monday, May 10, 2010

Double Down


What: Double Down
Where: your local KFC
How Much: ?

The Colonel bets big and it pays off!

(readers, cue Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds)  (clicking on link should open YouTube in a new browser tab so you can hear my selected audio track playing, but you will have to click back on this tab to return)

What is there not to love? Two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (sic) (Original Recipe® of course, why try the grilled?), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce.  Bread? I don't need no stinkin' fast food bread loaded with preservatives and lacking a nice textured crust.  Besides, all you people on a low carbohydrate diet are just going to thrown the "bread" out anyway.

Nutritional Info (courtesy of the KFC website):
540 calories
32 grams fat
1380 milligrams Sodium

Will many of KFC's current customer base still be around to enjoy their future sandwich creations?  Is KFC biting the hands that feed them while feeding them?

We will leave that discussion to the public health professionals.

I loved it.  The paper it came wrapped in came in quite handy to hold the sandwich and not get all the secret herb and spice laced oil oozing from the Original Recipe® fillets all over my hands.  Cheese was cheesy.  Bacon was more crispy than expected for a fast food joint.  Oh yeah, I did have some potato wedges to get my carbo quota for the day.


I'd give it 4.5B/6.
(__!__) (__!__) (__!__) (__!__) (__!

I'd give more, but it might affect my credibility.
I don't know how much because YM went and picked up dinner.  She got a Taco Bell item (since it shares the franchise location here).  Much to my chagrin, Taco Bell has retired the Volcano Box or I would have got one of those also.
POTN has raised the topic about all the high scores that I have been handing out (see the comment under that Falafelicious post below).
First of all, I have only gone to places I like or in search of food I think I will like.  Of course they are going to get great scores.  I trying to bring my great discoveries to you, dear reader.
Second, he has a serious problem with Banh Mi addiction and has not tried any other takeout food in like three months.  And when you get Mother's Day gift advice from from your source, some weird line has been crossed.  I heard Cheddar got booted from daycare because he came to class with some cilantro in his jacket pocket.
Obviously, his rational thought has been affected.  I guess I'm partially to blame...but it is his (or his Mrs.) problem now.
I did not make the Sunday trip to Providence to see PIL with FreeEye2 or Surge and SurGGGe.  I forgot it was Mother's Day.  SurGGGe has an job interview coming up and FreeEye2 had a MD commitment.
I was just lazy.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love KFC too! Anything from there is a treat for me, but I especially love the cole slaw. It must have a lot of sugar in it, or heroin or something, because there's an addictive quality to it that I can't define. I don't get to eat it nearly as often as I'd like because Buck truly hates KFC, but I hate a meal consisting entirely of steak and beans, which he loves, so I guess we're even.