Sunday, February 13, 2011

Battle: Los Angeles and Johann Johannsson



I am not the biggest movie fan. I prefer to focus my limited time and effort on  music as media goes (well, this blogging thing is eating up time too..)

But I was watching G4 TV back a couple of months ago and this trailer for Battle: Los Angeles came on. I was mesmerized. A movie advertisement featuring one of my most favorite composers, Johann Johannsson? For a kewl apocalyptic movie!?! Not that apocalyptic movies really do it for me.  I was downright disturbed by "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later". I was downright traumatized by "The Omega Man" as a child. "Mars Attacks!" was ok.

The song is "The Sun´s Gone Dim and the Sky´s Turned Black". The version shown in the background during the concert performance is here .(clicking on link should open YouTube in a new browser tab so you can hear my selected audio track playing, but you will have to click back on this tab to return). Sorry, the song for some reason ends two minutes early, but I like the visuals better than the other official version.

I've seen him perform twice. The first time around, I even got a chance to work the door and hang out with the ensemble and promoter.

The last couple of commercials for the film have not featured Johann. The track listing for the soundtrack does not seem to include Johann.  I hope he gets the recognition he deserves somehow.

It looks like release date is 3/11/11. Who wants to go? What apocalyptic movie was your favorite?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the movie night! Favorite apocalyptic movies? Excellent genre. Here are my top 5: 1. Omega Man - Charlton Heston was the man (see next 3 picks). 2. Soylent Green - this is why I won't eat a GS Thin Mint cookie. 3. Planet of the Apes: Maybe apocalyptic, maybe not. But I like it. 4. Zombieland - love the Bill Murray cameo. 5. Escape from NY - anyone named Snake is cool with me. Maybe that could be my new nickname.

Brother Snake (?)

Jim said...

His is actually one of the few movies i remember the movie "Independence Day" now that I'm really excited about these days. I hope it's as good as it looks like a great alien invasion movie. Ipadtouch Entertainment