Monday, July 12, 2010

Not you average PBJ...



What: Strawberried Peanut Butter M&M's
Where: Shop & Shop
How much: gift

(readers, cue  Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy (Kevin Shields remix)) (clicking on link should open YouTube in a new browser tab so you can hear my selected audio track playing, but you will have to click back on this tab to return)

Another in the line of M&M options.

So my moral compass, gambling adviser and consiglieri, Edzo and his own moral compass, Bakin' were looking out for me and brought this back from the local Stop and Shop.

Edzo says "good", but they would be better if they were graped, not strawberried.

Thumbs up from Cesius (who also gave big ups to the coconut and pretzel versions previously reviewed here and here that were offered up for Edzo's consideration), Ocho, YM, Taters and K, but not big ups.

Colors were yellow,red and brown.  Note that the inside was peanut butter coated by chocolate then coated with the traditional candy shell.

Price was right, a gift from Edzo and Bakin' to give me something to do and keep me out of trouble.

Texture was exactly what you would expect.  Taste did have a bit of salty peanut butter contrast to the slightly cloying sweetness of the strawberry.


I'm not sure just what the deal is, but as you see in the picture there is a tie-in with The Transformers movie.


I guess it comes down to what you make your peanut butter sandwiches with.  I'm a Welch's Concord Grape Jelly guy.  I agree 100% with Edzo.  I suppose it you liked your PB with strawberry jam, you may give this a higher score.

On the good news front. it turns out that the pretzel M&Ms that were blogged about here do come in larger bags as discovered by my vicarious life living avatar Eatawholecake.  K says that he ate a whole family bag in one sitting.  Best part is he bought two, so he would have one for the next time he sat down.
 
I'd give it 4.5B/6.

(__!__) (__!__) (__!__) (__!__) (__!

I'll stay with the pretzel M&M's.

No comments: