Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dogfish Head Squall I.P.A.



(readers, cue Rev. Horton Heat - Beer) (clicking on link should open YouTube in a new browser tab so you can hear my selected audio track playing, but you will have to click back on this tab to return)

I picked this up out in Chatham MA based on the fact that I love Dogfish Head products.

Taste: Great. On par with very hoppy beers that I love including Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA.

Packaging: Great.  Black and white label with a sailing vessel (I'm sure the update from Fez with correct terminology will come).

Bottle volume can be a bit much to commit to on a casual night, but in that case just go to a regular 12 oz. bottle of  Dogfish Head 90 Minute I.P.A. as this is an unfiltered, 100% bottle-conditioned version of same.

See title link for more info.

Price:  $10.99 for 750ml. Just like a bottle of fine wine, only better.

  5.5B/6
(__!__) (__!__) (__!__) (__!__)

(__!__) (__!


It seemed a bit less hoppy than the Red Racer I.P.A. but was great.  the big bottle was finished in one sitting.  It was bit too hoppy for Surge and SurGGGe who hosted dinner, poker and trash talk for the evening.

No comments: