Sunday, December 26, 2010

Concert Alert-Gang of Four

‘Content’ in stores January 2011





Sorry about the vintage video, but I figured you needed to get a bit of a history lesson...
And later...



I saw them for the first time with FreeEye2 (I didn't know J-Mar then and she has already said no to this show?!? "Gang of Who?") at what is now the House of Blues in Boston a couple of years back.  I believe it was their first reunion tour (drums still played by Hugo Burnham).  My most fond memory  of the show is them utterly destroying a  microwave oven with a wiffleball bat.  The show was one of my top ten ever.

This tour is supporting their new material (artwork above).  I heard a new track "Never Pay for the Farm" over at NPR's Son of the Day of all places and GoF sounds as great as ever.
Date is February 7, 2011
Venue is The Paradise in Boston.

No comments: